Happy Friday everyone! Friday Favourites was originally created by Kibby from Something of the Book, but is now hosted by Lorraine from Geeky Galaxy. Make sure you check out both of their blogs, and join in with your own Friday Favourites!
Today’s topic is Character Deaths, and OMG KIBBY WHY?! My heart is going to break all over again just thinking about these, but here we go (I don’t want to spoil anything though, so I’ll be vague about who dies!):
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – if you know me, this should come as no surprise. I ADORE this character. Probably too much. And their death KILLED me. I literally freaked out, and actually messaged Kibby (the founder of this meme) to express my grief.
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty – okay, this death was devastating. The character is so important to Nahri, and their death is seriously heartbreaking.
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis – this book is filled with triggers and talks heavily about rape and rape culture. It does so in such an amazing way though, but there is a character death that both shocked me and made sense for the book – I couldn’t really see any other ending working for the way the story went.
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas – I was not okay with the death of this character. At all. They were one of my favourite characters in this series, and YIKES what a brutal death! *runs away and cries*
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – I was not okay with this character’s death. At all.
So there are some vague warnings about character deaths that you should be wary of because authors like to hurt their readers apparently!!!
Disclaimer: I know authors don’t try to hurt us on purpose (most of the time), and I still love all of them!
What book has a character death that you will never forget (and will never forgive the author for)?