Happy Friday everyone! Friday Favourites was originally created by Kibby from Something of the Book, but is now hosted by Lorraine from Geeky Galaxy. Make sure you check out both of their blogs, and join in with your own Friday Favourites!
This week’s topic is Books Set in High School, and here are some of my favourites:
- There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon – I freaking adore this book!!! It is the cutest story and everyone needs to go read it ASAP!
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – this book broke my heart in the best possible way. I highly recommend it (if you’re in the right head space for it)!
- We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson – this is the first book that ever made me ugly cry. It is filled with triggers, but if you can read it, it is so, so amazing.
- The Wicker King by K. Ancrum – this is another book that made me tear up, but the mental health focus is truly amazing (the author’s note is exceptional).
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis – I’m noticing a pattern, but this is another trigger-filled book and I recommend it to EVERYONE! It tears apart rape culture, and honestly, I still think about this book all the time. I might need to re-read it soon.
There are five of my favourite books with characters in high school. All of them deal with different issues from weight to sexuality, from being true to yourself to being loyal to others. These books can be heavy, so please take care when reading them. I adore all of these books and will treasure them forever.
Let me know if you’ve read any of the above
and what you thought about it!