HAPPY MAY! Can you believe we are one third of the way through 2019 already?! Time flies when you’re having fun and reading great books.
In April, I read five books (like every other month it seems)! However, it was also the first time I officially DNF’d a book! The ones I did complete were:
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- When the Moon was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore – ⭐️⭐️
- The Blood Spell by C.J. Redwine – ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters by Balli Kaur Jaswal – ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- *I was really hoping to finish The Feed by Nick Clark Windo last night (April 30), but I sadly didn’t. It will be my first read of May.
ARC: I was lucky enough to receive an arc of The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters from HarperCollins Canada, and I am so grateful for it! I truly adored this book, and was thrilled to see characters that I could relate to in a whole new way. I will cherish this book forever!
YARC: I am WAY behind on my reading goal for YARC, but at least I added two more to the list this month!
#OfTheThroneApr19 Photo Challenge: Thank you SO much to everyone who joined this photo challenge! It was so amazing seeing all of your photos and being able to freak out about Game of Thrones with you! Shout out to the amazing ladies I co-hosted with: Kibby, Amy, and Kyleigh! They are all fantastic, and if you’re not following them, you’re definitely missing out!
For the month of May, I am hoping to read the following books:
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein (book club)
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He (book club)
- Resistance Women by Jennifer Chiaverini (arc)
- Internment by Samira Ahmed
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (currently reading)
- The Feed by Nick Clark Windo (currently reading)
I decided to mostly list books that I “have” to read, and only a couple that I’m “hoping” to read since I pretty much never follow my monthly tbr (I still enjoy picking out books each month though :)).
Rep/Influencer Life: I am honoured to be a rep for three amazing companies throughout May. Check them out and use my codes for a discount in their shops!