2018 was my first full year blogging and posting on bookstagram, so I was just dipping my toes into reading goals and challenges. This year, I am hoping to set new goals and do a few more challenges, including:
A-Z Reading Challenge
I attempted this challenge last year, but was a few letters short of completing it! So, I’m attempting it again this year. The goal is to read at least one book that starts with each letter of the alphabet. “The” and “A” don’t count (you just count the first letter of the next main word in the title), and for ‘X’, any title that contains the letter ‘x’ counts. See my A-Z Challenge Wrap-Up 2018 for some ideas!
Goodreads Reading Challenge
Of course, I will be setting a Goodreads reading goal as well. For 2018, my goal was 52 books, and I hit that about 3/4 of the way through the year. This year, I am going to set my reading goal to 70 books! It will be tough, especially since I will be in school as well, but I am confident I can reach it!
Time To Get Serious About Series
I have that problem where I will start reading a series and will LOVE it, but for some reason, I won’t finish it. So this year, I am hoping to complete all of the series that I have started but not finished (assuming I enjoyed it, and want to continue)! This list includes:
- A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2) by Roshani Chokshi
- A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab
- A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling
- Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard
- Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #0.5) by Susan Dennard
- Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard
- Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi
- Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi
- Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
- Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber
- War Storm (Red Queen, #4) by Victoria Aveyard
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas
- Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco
- Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
- The Language of Thorns (Grishaverse)
- Oshun Rising (Trinity Forest, #2) by Jennifer Alsever
- Venus Shining (Trinity Forest, #3) by Jennifer Alsever
I am fairly certain that I can get through all of those before the end of 2019. The question will be, at that point, how many new series will I have started but not finished?!
#GetClassicallyLit / #CatchUpOnClassics / Basically, Read More Classics
I’ve always wanted to read more classics, but tend to get caught up in the hype of new books. So this year, I’m hoping to read at least five classic books. Sarah (@she.gets.lit.erary) is hosting the #getclassicallylit challenge, and Melanie (@meltotheany) and Dani are hosting the #catchuponclassics challenge, so my goal is to join in on those throughout the year as much as possible!
So there you have it! My challenges and goals for 2019! I have a good feeling about this year!